CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

DAY 11: Honor Genesis 31:38-42

Hey ladies!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday! I just had registration for next semester's classes and it went really well for the first time ever! I'm still in shock. I know  a lot of you will be hearing back from the rest of your schools tomorrow, good luck and remember it is all in God's hands! :)



Today's topic is honor. Let's look at the passage:

"I have been with you for twenty years now. Your sheep and goats have not miscarried, nor have I eaten rams from your flocks. I did not bring you animals torn by wild beasts; I bore the loss myself. And you demanded payment from me for whatever was stolen by day or night. This was my situation: The heat consumed me in the daytime and the cold at night, and sleep fled from my eyes. It was like this for the twenty years I was in your household. I worked for you fourteen years for your two daughters and six years for your flocks, and you changed my wages ten times. If the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the fear of Isaac, had not been with me, you would surely have sent me away empty-handed. But God has seen my hardship and the toil of my hands, and last night he rebuked you."

First let me give you all a background of what's going on here. So here we have Jacob, Esau's brother.We know that he took Esau's blessings and leave, and is sent to Laban... and then he marries Rachel and Leah, he has a lot of children, and his share of the flock starts to grow, all while Laban's starts to decrease. Laban is basically annoyed at all the success Jacob is having, and Jacob notices and just wants to leave. 

Are you ever guilty of "just getting by"? Do you study just enough just to pass your tests? Keep your room clean enough so that your mom doesn't call in the exterminators? (<tehehe me!) Show just enough respect to your parents? Give God just enough attention each day? What would happen if, like Jacob, you went above and beyond what was expected of you? Your efforts may not get noticed (then, again they might!) What's most important, however is that God would see your efforts and be pleased.

What do you guys think?
Anne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment