CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

DAY 6: Faith Psalms 138:8

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever- do not abandon the works of your hands."

Hey y'all!

I'm feeling really southern today! It's because I went to Jamestown (yes Pocahontas Jamestown Joy!) the other day... and almost everyone there had a southern accent it made me really jealous!

As we begin to talk about faith, ask yourself, are you a dreamer or a drifter? Do you dream big dreams for your future (“cough” lizzy and I’s plans for our children lol) or are you just drifting along through life? Either way, it’s reassuring to know that God does have a purpose for you and he will fulfill it. You may have a lot of questions about your life right now. I know for me, it’s been hard to figure out what God’s plan is for me right now. I worked through high school so I could get into a good college an now that I am here, I feel like I took a step backwards. I’m one of those people, as you all know, who plans obsessively! I actually enjoy planning obsessively, so much that when things don’t go according to my plan I freak out! I used to have really bad stress attacks back in the day but those have gone away. The future may always seem mysterious, and you may wish that God would just give you a few clues sometimes. The reason why my attacks have subsided is because I’ve tried to put claim in the promise that even though I don’t know what the future holds God does. And because he is all powerful, we can trust him. He’ll take care of the rest.

I don’t know if you guys have taken learning tests in school where they tell you what your learning style is. I am a visual and tactile learner, which means I learn by seeing and doing. To say “apart from me there is no God” is easy, and I understand that God is God, and I am not. But sometimes, especially with my personality it’s hard to deal with the fact that God has the right to call the shots in my life because he’s the “Potter,” and I am the” clay.” The clay doesn’t get to say, “AYO POTTER! I wish you made prettier… I wish you gave me different parents, Potter…. I wish I lived anywhere but here!” The clays job is to trust and submit to the Potter. God knows what he’s doing and he’s shaping you and me. Trust him with the outcome.

What do you think?

Have a good day!
Anne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment