CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DAY 4: Confidence Isaiah 32:17

"The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever."


Confidence is the one thing I wish I had all the time. For me, it seems to come and go as it pleases! Do you ever wish you felt more sure of yourself? More confident? Maybe you decide to do something about it and get a little more assertive- at school your friends notice that you've started sportin' a little attitude. Problem solved? Tehehehe nope! That kind of confidence (talking louder, being a sassafras, and trying to get noticed) is just on the outside, and it doesn't last. Hence my come and go problem. Real confidence comes from righteousness, as this verse tells us, God's righteousness, at work n our hearts. Real confidence comes from depending on him and not you. And nothing can take that kind of confidence away it's yours forever.

I feel like another reason I have issues with confidence is because I look at "self confidence" as a good thing, a lot of people do. But that's not really how God wants you to see yourself. Eeek, I have to be careful how I word this, cause I don't want you guys to misunderstand. God doesn't want us to be insecure and unsure. But he does want us to find our confidence in him and in what he can do in and through us. There is a very big difference between having confidence in yourself and having confidence in God. In Genesis 41 Joseph recognizes this. He knows that his ability to interpret dreams come from God. When you rely on yourself. you'll only go so far. But when you rely on God, there's no limit to how far you can go!

Have a good day!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment