CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 4, 2010

DAY 3: Abraham and Isaac: A Sacrifice of Love: Genesis 22: 1-19

Abraham and Isaac
This story, always makes me sad at first, and there is so much love! Let's look at Genesis 21, by putting God in control, Abraham's biggest dream, a child, was given to him and as we know it outshone Abraham's wildest imagination, because he was so old.

And now, God is asking him to sacrifice his son, Isaac. I can only imagine what was going through Abraham's head. He has to sacrifice the son he loves with all his heart.

The overall theme of this story in turn, is putting our trust and love in God. I want you guys to think of something you value more than anything else? Something you own? Your reputation? Your Family? Friends? Owning the Redskins someday? (Oh wait, that's me lol) Abraham valued Isaac greatly. He had waited for years for God to give him a son. So how could he even consider giving him up? He could do it because- more than anything else- he valued his relationship with God. Everyday we have a choice- to hold tightly to things or to let go and trust God. This is something I struggle with all the time. If you had to let go of what you value most, other than your relationship with God, could you?

To be honest, I'm really not sure if I could, I know that giving up everything for God opposes the "me-first" attitude of the world. It is something I am working on, and encourage you all to do the same :)

Dare to offer your whole life to God, and see the great things he can do with your heart!


Anne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment