CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Subject Focus: Parental Control

Just so you all know, I get these In Focus profiles out of my True Images Bible. I chose this one randomly, but  if there is ever subject you would like me to, let me know, I will find the profile.

Profile: Emily
"Your mom is so cool! I wish my mom was like that." That's what my friends say all the time. If only they knew. They don't live with her. She has her good moments, I guess, but she treats me like I can't think for myself. It's like she tries to control every aspect of my life- what I wear, who I see, where I go. I can't wait to move out.
Here's the killer. Lately she's been coming up with these goofy mother/daughter things for us to do together. She's getting all sentimental that I'm leaving for college in a year. Thanks, but no thanks. I know she means well, but I just need my space. I wish she'd give it a rest. Honestly, shopping with my friends or shopping with my mom? Hmm, tough choices.
I'm not sure why I feel so angry at her. Like, when she tells me to pick my clothes up off the floor, I feel this rage deep inside come to the surface. We get into this huge fight, and then she wants to make up and pretend everything is ok. Well, it's not ok!



When you start to feel like your parents are ruining your life, keep this in mind: Remember, this is their first time parenting you. They've never done this before either, so cut them some slack! Like it or not, God says honoring your parents is a necessary prereq for living a long and healthy life (Ephesians 6:1-3). Find something to help you relieve your stress--take a walk, take up kickboxing, or call a friend (MEEE)-- so you don't explode at your parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment